Payment for your trip is made in US dollars via bank transfer to the Tourism Council of Bhutan’s bank account at the Bhutan National Bank, with your tour operator shown as the ultimate beneficiary of the funds.
We will email you all the information needed to make the wire transfer once your choice of trip is confirmed. Please note that it is not possible to make the payment by credit card as the payment has to be routed through the government account in order for your visa to be authorized and is not paid directly to Red Rice Red Chillies Tours.
It is highly recommended to make the payment 90 days in advance of your scheduled tour to give us ample time to finalise the arrangements for your booking.
Payments sent in US dollars are routed through Standard Chartered Bank in New York as an intermediary bank and from there the funds are transferred on to the Bhutan National Bank.
- Tour/Trek: No refund if tour is cancelled 30 days or less before arrival date
- Airfare: 100% refund if cancelled 30 days or more from travel date, 50% between 30-last 10 days from travel date, and no refund if cancelled within last 10 days from travel date but valid for one year from date of issue.
- Administrative fee of US$ 25 applicable per cancellation: US $ 10 or equivalent local currency for every date change, No change of name is permitted once reservation is made on the same PNR, and US $ 25 or equivalent local currency for every spelling correction of name
All our tours are escorted by well trained and knowledgeable English speaking guides, certified and licensed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan. Services of guides speaking other languages may also be provided with sufficient prior notice and at an additional cost. When travelling with Red Rice Red Chilies Adventures, you can be confident that your guide is totally focused on making your Bhutan experience a culturally rich and spiritually rewarding voyage.
Minimum Daily Package
The minimum daily package covers the following services:
• A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium).
• All meals
• A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
• All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
• Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
It also includes:
• All internal taxes and charges
• A sustainable tourism Royalty of $65. This Royalty goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
These rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to providing breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on usage basis.
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan. These must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
With effect from 01/07/2009, the 25% discount on Diplomatic visas has been revoked.
There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However,those between the ages of 6 – 12 years accompanied by eldes/ guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates.
Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates
A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
Individual tourist and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single Individual: USD 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons: USD 30 per person per night